Topeka Aging in Place Remodeling Services
One of the most important things to many people is maintaining their independence. And no matter how old you get, staying in your home and in your community will always be a priority. According to a 2012 report from the AARP, 90% of adults over the age of 65 report that they would prefer to stay in their current residence as they age.
Our Topeka aging in place remodeling services are here to help older adults have more of a choice in their care and living arrangements. At Passow Remodeling, our professionals can help make sure that the livability and safety of your home are at the highest levels possible, so that you won’t lose any of your independence needlessly.
Aging in Place Solutions
Most home modifications are very cost-effective and can be fairly simple, while still providing you with significant benefits. Our Topeka aging in place remodeling professionals can help you find the best solutions to any livability problems, so that you can remain in your home and in your community regardless of your age. From installing walk-in tubs to simple handle modifications, we’ll make sure that you get the services you need to keep you living where you like for as long as possible.
Topeka Aging in Place Common Services
The biggest concern there is with elderly people continuing to live on their own is safety. About 18% of the elder population of America have some disability, and even more have difficulty walking without a cane or wheelchair. This means that the difficulty and danger of daily tasks in highly increased for these individuals. But with some modifications, your home can be as safe as it ever was, and you can retain your independence without worry. Some of the most common home modifications our Topeka aging in place remodeling professionals make include:
- Extra support in the shower or bathroom. In the bathroom, your chances of falling and injuring yourself are greatly increased. But with some added support measures, this doesn’t need to be a worry.
- Reinforced stair railings. Any inadequate stair railings are a major risk. Our Topeka aging in place remodeling specialists can make sure that all of your stairwells are as safe as possible.
- Increased lighting. Sight is one of the first things that starts to decay as you age. Our professionals can make sure that the lighting in your home is more than adequate, aiding with your sight and making your home a safer place to live.
- Non-skid flooring. Falling isn’t only a danger in the bathroom. Loose rugs and slippery flooring can lead to serious injuries no matter where they are in your home. Non-skid flooring installations will help ensure that no slips or falls occur anywhere in your home.
- Alarms and exits. Many elderly people start to lose their sensory and motor skills, and may also have trouble with their cognitive functioning. So it’s important to have a system in place in the event of any emergency. Our Topeka aging in place professionals can help you design and install special alarm systems and easily accessible exits so that if something does occur, you’ll be able to find safety.
- Willard Remodeling Contractor: Qualities and Skills they must possess
A Willard remodeling contractor repairs and replaces anything associated with your house or establishment. If there are problems such as holes or leakages, a contractor can definitely help you. Most of them are self-employed with their very own hotlines you can call anytime you experience any problem with your house. But there are also some...Read More
- The Many Benefits Of Topeka Slate Tile Flooring
A natural, extremely durable stone, slate can be cut into many shapes, sizes, thickness and texture to create floor designs easy to maintain. Smaller sections can be installed in a way similar to ceramic tile while larger sections create a more interesting rough-looking floor pattern. You also have the option of having Topeka slate tiles...Read More