Topeka Aging in Place Remodeling Services
One of the most important things to many people is maintaining their independence. And no matter how old you get, staying in your home and in your community will always be a priority. According to a 2012 report from the AARP, 90% of adults over the age of 65 report that they would prefer to stay in their current residence as they age.
Our Topeka aging in place remodeling services are here to help older adults have more of a choice in their care and living arrangements. At Passow Remodeling, our professionals can help make sure that the livability and safety of your home are at the highest levels possible, so that you won’t lose any of your independence needlessly.
Aging in Place Solutions
Most home modifications are very cost-effective and can be fairly simple, while still providing you with significant benefits. Our Topeka aging in place remodeling professionals can help you find the best solutions to any livability problems, so that you can remain in your home and in your community regardless of your age. From installing walk-in tubs to simple handle modifications, we’ll make sure that you get the services you need to keep you living where you like for as long as possible.
Topeka Aging in Place Common Services
The biggest concern there is with elderly people continuing to live on their own is safety. About 18% of the elder population of America have some disability, and even more have difficulty walking without a cane or wheelchair. This means that the difficulty and danger of daily tasks in highly increased for these individuals. But with some modifications, your home can be as safe as it ever was, and you can retain your independence without worry. Some of the most common home modifications our Topeka aging in place remodeling professionals make include:
- Extra support in the shower or bathroom. In the bathroom, your chances of falling and injuring yourself are greatly increased. But with some added support measures, this doesn’t need to be a worry.
- Reinforced stair railings. Any inadequate stair railings are a major risk. Our Topeka aging in place remodeling specialists can make sure that all of your stairwells are as safe as possible.
- Increased lighting. Sight is one of the first things that starts to decay as you age. Our professionals can make sure that the lighting in your home is more than adequate, aiding with your sight and making your home a safer place to live.
- Non-skid flooring. Falling isn’t only a danger in the bathroom. Loose rugs and slippery flooring can lead to serious injuries no matter where they are in your home. Non-skid flooring installations will help ensure that no slips or falls occur anywhere in your home.
- Alarms and exits. Many elderly people start to lose their sensory and motor skills, and may also have trouble with their cognitive functioning. So it’s important to have a system in place in the event of any emergency. Our Topeka aging in place professionals can help you design and install special alarm systems and easily accessible exits so that if something does occur, you’ll be able to find safety.
- Massive or Minuscule, Your Topeka Kitchen Can Be Fabulous
Whether you own a tiny apartment or a three-story Topeka home, you can have a great kitchen. Call your Topeka remodeling contractor to discuss upgrading your space. You don’t have to be a chef to want a great kitchen. Not only is cooking easier in a kitchen that’s spacious and includes state-of-the-art appliances, it’s also...Read More
- Rossville Bathroom Remodeling: Make the Most out of the Right Additions
While it may be one of the least busy places of your Rossville home, you need to it that you keep your bathroom as well-maintained as possible. Even better, you need to take the necessary Rossville bathroom remodeling steps that will make you turn this area of your home into your personal sanctuary. After all,...Read More